I love brushes. I use brushes from:
Designfruit - One of the best sources out there by Jason Gaylor
CALLMEREAL - Another fantastic resource by Jarad Johnson
Flyguy Designs - Essentially the third part of my holy trinity of brush sites, by Dan Spencer
I use fonts from many many sources, but my favorites are:
P22 - I've been a member of their annual club from the beginning. They are my favorite font resource.
This list is constantly being updated as I use the products of these wonderful resources.
Definitely take part if you do any professional work involved on the web.
I managed to upgrade Movable Type to 3.34. Yay! That should provide me more interesting options to play with over 3.2, especially in terms of new plug ins and the like.
It wasn't installing properly for a long time. Then I read the fine print regarding one of the configurations and it went through. I spent 30 minutes stressing out on something that, if I just read the instructions, would've gone through in 30 seconds. Bad me.
The Very, Very Ugly
After I upgraded (yay!) I installed PluginManager, which was relatively painless, in order to upload MediaManager and its assorted prerequisites. After a bit, it seemed to all install well. I got myself an Amazon access key and associate id and put them in my settings. I managed to get it searching well for the items I want, but when I attempt to add them to my queue I get this error:
An error occurred:
Undefined subroutine &MTAmazon3::Plugin::ItemLookupHelper called at lib/MediaManager/App.pm line 404.
I have no idea what it means or what to do about it. I'll probably send a note to Byrne Reese about it, especially since the the link to MTAmazon32 appears to be broken.
Argh. Struggling with MT can be very ugly at times.
Whoa! Where did the styles go?
To know more about why styles are disabled on my website visit the Annual CSS Naked Day website for more information.
That's right, folks. Just for today, I am naked!
I've upgraded my CMS to 3.2. It took me a little longer than expected, since I had to backup my existing site (the files on the server as well as the mySQL db), remove any incompatible plug-ins (mt-blacklist), and overwrite many directories on the server. The time was worth it, for the new features in MT 3.2 are great; I especially love the ability for me to see all the entries over multiple weblogs. I need to explore the documentation to see what cool tags and other features were added. I'm unsure if I will have a lot of time over the next week, but this weekend should give me some time to sit down and play with my domains.